Friday, September 19, 2008

Re-Happy Birthday

And so I’m on holiday and today it is dad’s birthday. Seeing that mine was so recent still, it seemed like a good idea to re-celebrate together, with a cake that showcases our combined ages (cue on mine: dad’s sixty).



This came from a local patisserie that has a penchant for taking orders for cakes and then freezing them, so that upon de-frosting, the sponge ends up soaked with water. You know what, no matter, I ate all of the fabulous creams at the sides and on top and vouched to keep it just at one cake. Italy is a bit (well, a lot) like France and if you like cakes and pastries, it may be a little lethal on one’s waist. I wouldn’t want to undo all the good I’ve done on my bike as of late but I surely am going to give it a shot.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...