Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Nothing Quite Like A Good Spider

For all of my Batman Love, which really equates with Christian Bale Love, for they are, after all, one and the same, my favourite comic book hero is actually Spider-man. Spider-man is my first cartoon memory, my first singing memory and my first Lycra memory. Much as I enjoyed Bat-cartoons and Bat-movies and Bat-TV series, it was the spider, not the bat, that held my little heart at ransom.

He still does in the shape of extensive research for my PhD (where he prominently features) and movies, which I tend to watch in endless loops at around about this time of year. My dad has the Spider-man 2 game for PlayStation and I cannot even begin to tell you how fantastic it is. The storyline follows the one of the movie, where Peter has a final show-down with Doc Oc, but much more takes place in the game where Mysterio, Black Cat and Rhino also feature, as well as numerous thugs and well-known friendly characters. I feel like I’ve been playing it non-stop for the past couple of days and the stats still claim I have only seen 14% of it.

A word of warning before I go back to it: if you do not have the PlayStation, do not bother with the PC version of the same game. It is a grossly scaled-down and very basic re-hash of it (which includes Puma for some reasons) and not at all the same for a different platform.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...