Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Light

You know how people sometimes worry that the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel may be a train careering towards them? I call crap to that. Light is always light in my book and when I hear the above expression I always think of a simple, calm light, like this one:



Today was my last working day, the day when, after almost eight years of agony playing someone I am not, after almost eight years of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole (or a round peg into a square hole? I can never remember), I called it quits and walked out a free woman. Just as expected, it was the best day, probably the best day ever. And just as I always suspected, deep down, the light was a gentle speck of hope in the distance, not a catastrophe falling out of the dark sky. Light is always good. This is not just the end of that chapter, it is the end of that story. Writing something else is going to be really exciting.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...