Thursday, October 16, 2008

Birthday Baking

Today was a day of baking. It is Rich's birthday tomorrow and I thought that I should really go to town on the cake front. So I prepared the chocolate and peanut butter slices I already spoke about, Nigella's chocolate cloud cake, which you can find here, and the chocolate loaf cake that I spoke of here.

This time however, I made into more of a damp, almost gingerbread-like cake. Follow the same procedure as per older recipe, but change the ingredients to these:

250g soft unsalted butter
400g dark muscovado sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g melted dark chocolate
200g flour
1 tsp bicarb of soda
100ml boiling water

It is incredible and especially so if you could only manage to keep it aside for a couple of days instead of cutting through as soon as you take it out of the oven.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...