Friday, October 3, 2008

Crisp

When it doesn't rain, it is an event. It is even more of an event when autumn has just started and the no rain situation yields a very rare, but very beautiful, sunny and dry day. I suppose that's what I get for living in England's wettest county...



When the weather is like this, I always feel a very sharp pang of nostalgia. Nostalgia for the so-called Michealmas Term at the university, when we had just rolled back into our carpeted rooms, ready for weeks of lectures, seminars, essays and general frolicking in more than one way. You know how people always say that the university was the best time of their lives? I am one of those people and the funny (or sad) thing is that I started thinking that way when I was at the uni. It was not a realisation that hit me many years down the line, oh no, it was a realisation-in-the-making, as weeks turned into terms and terms turned into years. I knew then that I would have never been as happy and as intellectually fulfilled as I was then and, boy, was I right.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...