Sunday, May 18, 2008

In Domestic Goddess Mode (And Mood)



Today was a special day for our farm. We planted trees, interred some of our departed horses and took some time out to raise a glass to the lovely animals that made our lives special. I was lucky because I had no-one to mourn as such, but I must admit that I felt a wobble when I saw Gemma’s casket. To think that such a big horse is now reduced to a handful of ashes made me reflect upon life and on how petty disputes seem so pointless when, in a second, we can go like indeed ashes in the wind. But it was also a good horsey time, for I provided some minor catering consisting of strawberries in wine with Greek yogurt, chocolate slices and Pimm’s and a good time was had by all. I had one of the chocolate slices and I found myself wondering why on earth I don’t make them more often. I have been so busy as of late that cooking and baking have, quite frankly, passed me by. These chocolate slices are always appealing and even if you do not like peanut butter, make these anyway. Eat them and die happy.



Peanut Butter and Chocolate Slices

400g dark chocolate
260g white chocolate
140g smooth peanut butter

Melt the dark and white chocolate in separate double boilers, then remove from heat once melted. Keep an eye on white chocolate, for it has a penchant for curdling quickly. Add the peanut butter to the white chocolate and stir until smooth. Line a baking tray (mine is approximately 20 cm X 15 cm) with baking parchment and spread a thick layer of melted dark chocolate on the bottom. Then add some of the white chocolate and swirl. Now add some of the dark chocolate and swirl. Continue until you have exhausted both. Now grab a fork or similar and swirl it around. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours to set and cut into slices when you're ready to eat.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...