Sunday, August 3, 2008

Perserverance

The garden continues to amaze me. I told you before that among the weed-fest I keep on finding new interesting things that defy my gardening incompetence. Today I am going to show you some more.

I believe this to be a lily of some sort. I find it quite creepy, especially so in real life. Is it because of the slightly curly petals, because of its depth, because of its spider-like shape? I don't know, but this is certainly one flower in my garden which I wish stopped blossoming.



Next up, I have two bushes of these red beauties:



Their shapes also creep me out. What does not creep me out, however, are butterflies and moths and this is one of the greatest paradoxes of my life. I start to cold-sweat at the thought of spiders, no matter how small, yet, I have no probs in trying to catch moths when I find them. Except I never make it. They remind me of the dragonflies I run after when I used to go fishing with my dad, when I was a kid. I would mostly sit around and then try to grab (unsuccessfully) the dragonflies by the lake. And so when I see a butterfly or a moth I think of dragonflies. And I also think of dragonflies when I see helicopters. You wouldn't believe how alike they are in close-up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...