Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Alright For Some

Today I felt like a mum on the first day of primary school, except I haven't got kids and cannot quite know what a mum may feel on such momentous occasions. But, surely, ensuring that Rick's things were all ready and cleaned and pressed and giving him a lift all the day to his new office's door equals being a bit of a mum in some ways? I felt empty at home, as his working life takes the turn he had been chasing for a while, mine stagnates in a swamp infested with leeches. The 'good luck in your new job' cards are cheering. I wonder whether I would get one any time soon. And still, you know what, I don't really want a new job. Perhaps I should just upgrade husband and retire to a life of horsey leisure in the fields, no matter the weather. Now that would be nice.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...