Friday, January 9, 2009

Au Revoir Mes Amis - Part II

I always feel a little sad and very empty when I take my Christmas decorations down. Yes because, regardless of the continuous rants one finds in all newspapers and website as November nears its end, Christmas is my most favourite time of the year and I don’t care what everyone else says.

My decorations make me happy and the house always looks so drab and boring once they have been packed away that I’ve often considered keeping at least a string of lights around, just to remind me of good, cheery times. However, it’s never the same, is it? December is December and there is nothing like Christmas at Christmas; hanging on to glitter, sparkle, wreaths and fairy lights at nauseam never is a good look. They have to go and I have to let go.

I’ve finally managed it and I think that I did better than last year, when I succeeded in the knick of time, just before I left for the States. I’ve got it all done and dusted even though I am already planning next Crimbo’s tree, an all-silver affair covered in my beautiful white glass baubles. Gosh, I cannot wait already.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...