Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sleeping Dogs

I spent the ideal working day today. I worked on The Book and I interspersed the typing with a lot of washing. Believe it or not, I fished out cashmere scarves I hadn't seen since last winter. That's one of the supposed advantages of working outside of the house... you never get to do anything and your chores pile up until you have to tackle them all in one sitting. For the first time in my life I actually hung things to dry outside since I stumbled across one of the rare clear and windy days that make drying clothes a cinch. Believe me, it doesn't often happen in Cheshire. William and Victoria kept me customary company, mainly stretched out in some corner, occasionally rampaging in the garden but not really wanting to stay there.



All the better for me. I have a load of paper to edit now and I am making very good progress. I will be able to send the chapters to the agent as requested within the next couple of days. As for a new role on a project... I haven't heard anything yet. And you know what they say about sleeping dogs...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...