Saturday, May 31, 2008

Assessing May

I don't know why I wrote Assessing January. It was ok at the time, but then I persisted in giving out a lame account of each and every month's exploits ever since, despite little reason to do so. Now I have started, I cannot stop. I have been waiting to write this post for thirty days. May is one of those months that seem to drag on forever; next one to dread is July. Riding-wise it was a very lame month; I went on my first course, which was really good, but didn't get much riding with my trusty steed. He is still lame and I will have to wait in the sidelines for a little longer. However, I decided to go for Wilf and see where that takes me. I heard he is very good on the lunge and I am sure I can get a (supervised) ride on him. This coming week will be ideal since I am pretty much off work, bar some (also lame) training, and if the weather holds, I should be able to do something unencumbered by persistent rain.

May has been good in this respect. Spring has blossomed and my very tall grass has already gone to seed. The front garden is in its usual messy state, while the back has been duly tended to. Sage, mint and rosemary are beautiful and fragrant and just looking at them makes me want to start cooking something other than boiled veggies. But I need to watch it; I need to fit back into my silk pants by my birthday (that's three months tomorrow) and considering how quickly the year has passed so far, I do not regard three months as a very long time. Or as a long time even. The pressures of being female... I have to knock out a piece for the agent that requested it and for a couple of others that I have identified will be interested in my chosen genre. So I suppose that, despite the sourness of having left my current work project, this slow-down will probably assist me in knocking out a fair amount of writing I usually have to split over multiple evenings. I am off to London at the weekend and to a Bon Jovi concert at the end of the month. I am not enamoured with June, but at least there is something to look forward to. Sorry, no pic today.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...