Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Not Forgotten

Somebody wrote to me the other day, wondering whether 'nothing is happening'. I don't know whether this is the case, but what I do know is that a public diary makes one ponder the daily mundane. Who can be interested about reading my thoughts on the progress of my tomato plant, on yet another edit I am doing, on more non-progress on the job front?

In truth, I have been busy over the past two weeks, so much so as to think about writing all of the time. And let me tell you something: if you are doing a PhD, this is the state you want to be in always. Absorbed by your writing, thinking about your research all of the time, editing, adjusting, making it better. That's why I think that a PhD only really takes ten months. If only we could be In The Zone all the time, we would be done before one calendar year is out.

But I needn't worry any longer as mine is done, a few more red tick marks on the margins of a 250-sheet stack currently plonked on my bed, my thoughts reeling with pictures to include, paper weight, font size. And can you believe it? I will miss the PhD.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...