Monday, November 10, 2008

Walking On Air

Only a handful of weeks ago I talked about my career counsellor and his grand ideas of a retail or marketing or PR job for me. At the time, it seemed like a good idea to go with the flow, to follow his advice at least insofar as considering the options available to me. Of course I said at the time that none of the above would find itself on my path (or in my way), and this morning I concluded my sessions to a figurative round of applause, showing the guy my fresh business cards marketing my writing and translating venture and promising that I will stay in touch.

And so I felt delivered of a great weight, of this faking that I may have been interested in an office job that I knew, deep down, I already despised. I have often thought that my new beginnings never take place in the spring, when nature wakes up to live another year, but in autumn, when the same collects itself, draws balances and takes a figurative rest. Well, all hail to the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness; it seems to be working for me.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...