Friday, November 7, 2008

Come Dine With Me

December's British Vogue, which came through the door the other day, reads: 'Extraordinary guests, surreal settings and unforgettable food - five party people describe their dream feasts'. Well, they really inspired me. Today I give you my book's launch dinner.



Who?
Spider-man, Blade, Jason, Michael Myers, The Joker, Leatherface, Hannibal Lecter, Freddy Krueger, Lestat, Superman, The Batman.

Where?
At The Waldorf in New York City.

Hot topic?
Slaughter Is The Best Medicine, my first book.

What would everyone be wearing?
What they always wear of course! I'd expect Freddy with the hat and the striped jumper, The Joker in his little purple outfit,Spider-man in full-on lycra, Batman in his latest uniform, cowl included and so on... As for me, I'd certainly wear some auburn hair extensions like I did a few years ago; I looked amazing, they actually gave me a jawline and cheekbones. I would also wear a Versace gown slashed to the thigh if I were really thin. My very conservative purple silk dress more like.

What would you dine on?
Me on tofu, the others on turkey, except for The Batman, who doesn't eat at all, and for Hannibal, who has brought a friend for dinner.

Who would you sit beside?
Batman to my left and Spider-man to my right; I'd also be right opposite Hannibal, just to stay on the safe side.

Last to leave?
I can tell you who will leave first: me and Spider-man, then Blade, Batman and Superman. All the others stay because everyone knows that horror never leaves.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...